New phase launched at the weekend
If Cork is the so-called People’s Republic then Blackrock is where most of those people want to live.
One of the most coveted areas of the city, Blackrock has all you could ever need to enjoy life from the weekly farmers’ market, great walks and fabulous restaurants to sporting facilities, shops and tourist attractions.
Now you could be living there right in the heart of it all following the latest release in Glenveagh Homes’ stunning new development, Blackrock Villas.
This prestigious development of spacious three, four, and five bedroom family homes is located in the heart of the leafy suburb.
Set in the historic Blackrock Village accessed from the Square, Blackrock Villas is situated at the end of a tree lined avenue surrounded by a mature formal landscaped garden square accessible to its residence.
Since it was launched in autumn 2019 all 3 bed semi detached and 4 bed detached homes have been sold. A further release of 5 bed three storey townhouses overlooking the landscaped communal gardens, all with south facing rear gardens, are being released at prices starting from €495,000.
One of the key benefits of living in Blackrock is the lifestyle it offers. The weekly farmers’ market every Sunday is a real treat while there are no shortage of pubs, restaurants, shops and schools nearby.
The village is just a 20 minute walk to the city centre yet you have the feeling of being in nature due to living by the water’s edge, with plenty of wildlife in the area giving a country feel at times.
Blackrock has undergone enormous transformation in recent times with a recently revamped waterside village square one of its main attractions.
The Marina, the treelined south bank of the river boasts three rowing clubs, the modern Pairc Ui Chaoimh stadium and the iconic and world renowned Blackrock Castle observatory nearby attracts visitors from all over the world.
Blackrock Villas offers the best of both worlds with the bustling city of Cork just five minutes away and all the outdoor amenities right on your doorway.
Blackrock Villas is ideally located close to the south bank of the River Lee, located at the end of the driveway and set in one of Cork City’s most popular and picturesque locations. This exclusive development is located just 3km from Cork city centre and provides excellent transport connections to the city and its surroundings via road networks and public transport.
The scheme has easy access to the N40 South Ring Road network providing access to western routes as well as connection to Dublin (M8) and Waterford (N25). The area is regularly serviced by several bus routes. The 202 and 215 bus routes link Blackrock to the city centre and the 219 bus route links Blackrock to the western suburbs via Douglas.
Blackrock is a lively, family friendly location with plenty of local amenities to suit every member of the family. There are six primary schools in the area as well as three secondary schools. There are shops, a post office, medical centre, pharmacy, hospitals and a leisure centre including a gym, swimming pool, sauna and steam room within walking distance, while local restaurants, bars, cafes and a farmer’s market in the new revamped square cater for a lively and varied social life. Blackrock Villas is also positioned midway on the amenity 5km foot and cycle path which historically formed part of the railway line between Passage West and the city centre. The Marina which is the treelined south bank of the river boasts three rowing clubs, Pairc Ui Chaoimh stadium and the iconic and world-renowned Blackrock Castle observatory nearby attracts visitors from all over the world. ‘The Castle Cafe’ restaurant which is in the castle grounds is a regular haunt for locals taking a break from their outdoor activities.
A new municipal park is to be constructed on lands to the north of Blackrock Villas which will incorporate a children’s playground.
Mahon Point Shopping Centre is Munster’s largest shopping centre and is less than 3km from Blackrock Villas. The centre has over 60 stores including Debenhams, Tesco, Zara, Oasis, Next and a thirteen-screen Omniplex cinema. City Gate office campus adjacent to Mahon Point Shopping Centre is home to approximately 3,500 employees.
History and Culture
The historic Blackrock House is adjacent to Blackrock Villas sharing an access and both benefit from views over the formal landscaped garden and Oratory. The building now comprises a high-end apartment scheme. A short distance from the village is Blackrock Castle, which was originally constructed as a coastal defence fortification in the 16th century with historians telling us a castle has been on the site since medieval times. The present structure completed in 1829 is now a world-renowned observatory.
Blackrock was formerly served by the narrow gauge Cork, Blackrock and Passage Railway. Blackrock railway station opened on 8 June 1850, but finally closed on 12 September 1932. There is a small section of the rail line preserved at the entrance to Blackrock Villas.
Some of the notable features of Blackrock Villas include:
• Maintenance free, tasteful mix of brick and render exteriors.
• PVC fascia, gutters and downpipes.
• Composite front doors with secure five-point locking system.
Electrical & Heating
• Generous lighting and power points with chrome sockets &switches in the kitchen around the countertop area.
• Smoke detectors and heat detectors fitted as standard.
• TV connection in living and master bedroom.
• Wired for an intruder alarm.
• Air to Water Heat Pump High Efficiency Heat Pump.
• Superb Kube contemporary kitchen with soft close doors and stone worktop.
• All kitchens are integrated with an upstand and elegant stainless-steel extractor fan as in the show houses.
• Stainless steel sink featuring an elegant tap.
• Driveways finished in paving with two car-parking spaces.
• Seeded gardens with secure post and panel fencing to rear gardens.
Bathroom & Ensuite
• Stylish contemporary bathroom, ensuite and guest WC with elegant sanitary ware.
• Beautiful taps, shower heads & bath fittings.
• Carefully chosen tiles on all bathroom floors and wet areas as in our show houses.
Windows & Doors
• Two-toned uPVC double glazed windows with grey exterior and white interiors.
• French double doors to back garden.
• Panel style fitted wardrobes in master and three additional bedrooms as in the show houses.
• Walls painted throughout in a mid-tone easy neutral paint with ceilings painted in white.
• Quality interior joinery to include painted internal shaker-style doors and contemporary skirting and architraves finished in an off-white satin paint.
• Pull-down attic ladder in all homes.
• All homes are A-rated and incorporate sustainable and renewable technology resulting in lower energy costs.
• High level of insulation incorporated in floors, walls and roofs.
• All houses are constructed to provide a high level of air tightness in order to retain heat.
• Each Blackrock Villas home is covered by a 10-year Homebond Structural Unit
For further details on Blackrock Villas check out www.blackrockvillas.ie or find out more now on MyHome.ie here. Private viewings are also available by contacting selling agents Sherry Fitzgerald New Homes on 021 4270099