Article contributed by UStoreIt
- Good quality storage boxes and packing materials offer better protection from damage.
- Make your things easier to find later by labelling each box with a list of the contents.
- Don’t forget to write “THIS WAY UP” and “FRAGILE” on boxes containing breakables.
- Can anything be broken down into smaller parts? For example, bed frames can usually be disassembled, making them easier to store.
- Protect pictures and mirrors with bubble wrap and clearly mark them “FRAGILE”. Large ones should be stacked at their end.
- We strongly advise against using bin bags. They are prone to ripping, lack ventilation and are not as good as boxes for maximising the cubic capacity of a storage room.
- If you know which things you’ll need to access most often, set them aside to keep near the front, close to the door.